I'm Nathan Lecompte — a university student currently living in Sydney, Australia. I have a burning passion for tech and consistently strive to learn more about the diverse opportunities presented within the ever-expanding IT sector. I have already acquired a respectable amount of experience whilst designing and developing solutions to sophisticated problems within my previous work environments; I am eager and determined to tackle new job prospects.
Overall, I'm a tinkerer, thinker, maker and doer — and I love a challenge. Feel free to have a look at some of my qualifications and technological competencies below.
Diploma of Information Technology
(Graduated in 2018) — Fundamental knowledge and concepts of Information Technology, including programming, computer science, business systems, database design and digital media.
- Grade average — 80% (GPA of 3.625/4.0)
Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
(Graduating in 2021) — Practical learning based on the use of modern hardware techniques and software technologies to design, construct, manufacture and manage systems and products.
The management and configuration of web-servers (Apache & NGINX) and other various aspects of a website via an assortment of services, including:
- Domains — (Gandi, Dreamhost, CrazyDomains and various others)
- Web-Hosting — (Dreamhost, DigitalOcean, UpCloud, x10Hosting and various others)
- Email — (ProtonMail, Zoho, Office 365, RoundCube and various others)
- Content Management Systems (CMS) — (WordPress, Joomla, Ghost, Nibbleblog, ProBoards and various others)
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN) — (CloudFlare and various others)
Designing graphical elements and wireframes, full-stack development using a variety of programming languages and tools (Git, npm, webpack & Vue CLI), including:
- SQL — (Oracle & MySQL)
- Python — (Bottle)
The application of cyber-security standards and practices during the configuration, development and management of websites, including:
- Domain Security — (DNSSEC & CAA's)
- Email Security — (SPF, DMARC, MTA-STS & DANE)
- Transport Security — (TLS/SSL & HTTP Header Hardening)
- Other — (HSTS, CSP, SRI & Firewalls)
Designing graphical elements and guidelines, such as corporate branding, editorial design, advertising, signage and UI design, using a variety of programs, including:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
Designing graphical elements and wireframes, writing concise documentation and developing modular applications using a variety of programming languages, including:
- Visual Basic .NET